The goal of scalp micropigmentation is to use tiny, layered dots in different hues of black to replicate the look of a shadow on your scalp. This style, referred to as pointillism, is done to create natural-looking depth and definition.
A skilled practitioner will work to ensure the dots look like a natural hair follicle and blend in seamlessly with your complexion.
This process may be useful for people who experience all forms of hair loss. This includes individuals with:
male and female pattern baldness
To determine if you are a candidate please schedule a hair loss consultation. If you decide to move forward with the procedure the consultation fee will be deducted from the total cost of the procedure. Cost varies based on a clients needs & therefore will be discussed during a consultation.
Scalp Micropigmentation Pre-Care
Caring for your scalp prior to the procedure is important for obtaining the most desired results.
We are so excited to work with you and want to give you top of the line service! In order to make sure you are fully prepared to come in, please be sure to follow these steps. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email or call us. Thank you for choosing Custom Crowns.
To ensure the best results possible, please follow these guidelines:
1) 1-2 weeks before your scheduled procedure, only wash your scalp with a gentle, non-abrasive shampoo. (Our protocol suggests Mother dirt acne cleanser)
2) After cleansing the scalp, moisturize it to keep it well hydrated, only if needed, as too much oil on the scalp will not allow the pigment to absorb properly. A hydrated scalp will help the ink absorb. (Our protocol suggests Merlot Day and Radiance night cream)
3) Avoid sun exposure. Wear a loose-fitting hat or use sunscreen. We want as minimal peeling as possible.
4) Before coming in, be sure to have had solid sleep, and to eat a healthy, filling meal. No alcohol or drugs the week of.
5) Avoid wearing any hair pieces a week prior to your treatment. 24 hours before your appointment, restrain from using a razor on your head.
6) Hair Length – Please SHAVE your head with a razor 2-3 days before your procedure, or with clippers set on size 0 -1 the day of your procedure.
Just as you want the look of a full head of hair, we want to give that to you. Following these steps will help your scalp be healthy and prepared for the treatment. We want you to look your best and be happy with the results. Please be sure to do your part by following these easy steps!
After your final treatment, it’s essential to:
Avoid swimming, saunas, and steam rooms for 28 days after your final treatment.
Keep out of the sun for 28 days after treatment. Thereafter, use SPF 30–50 sunscreen.
Avoid heavy exercise for five days after your final treatment.
Begin to regularly moisturize the treated area after the fourth day of your final treatment (this is also true between treatments).